As we approach the last few days of the MMJF Online October Fundraiser, we want to thank you again for your generosity, which will help protect youth athletes in our community.
As of Thursday evening, 116 people have given a total of $8,578: what a wonderful way to honor Matthew’s legacy and make an impact on the lives of young athletes!
This week, we would like to thank Larry Herges, Athletic Director for Taylor High School in Cleves, Ohio, for his support. In this video, he discusses how The Matthew Mangine Jr. Foundation has impacted his school and encourages everyone to donate to the foundation so we can continue educating the community and contributing more life-saving equipment to local schools and programs.
We would also like to share some important statistics with you…
- Fact: Sudden cardiac arrest is the No. 1 cause of death in exercising young athletes.
- Fact: Approximately 2,000 people younger than 25 die each year from sudden cardiac arrest, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Fact: 62% of organized sports-related injuries occur during practice.
- Fact: The secondary school athletic population leads the nation in athletic-related deaths.
- Fact: Heat Stroke is 100% survivable.
- Fact: Over 18 high school student athletes have died of heat-related injuries in 2021.
Once again, we are grateful for your support this month in honor of Matthew’s Heavenly 18th Birthday, and we encourage you to keep giving to The Matthew Mangine Jr. Foundation at matthewmanginejrfoundation.org.